Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Skipping These Details Hurts Your Quality of Life More Than You Think



What Supports Your Mission

Getting up this morning was not pretty.  Sinus headache.  Tired.  A huge case of, “I don’t wanna!”  I actively considered staying in bed for another hour or two.  After all, nothing HAD to happen before then.

Reluctantly, I pushed back the covers while still debating.  Problem is, sleeping in becomes a habit - a vicious cycle.  No workout.  No energy.  Not enough energy to work out.  Rinse and repeat.

Brendan Burchard called me out on that in his Motivation Manifesto course.  “Power plants don’t have energy.  They make energy!”  He also challenged me to be more disciplined – which starts with a decision that I will do it, pretty much no matter what.  So last week, I made the decision to work out each day, except Sundays, no matter what.
 
Remembering my determination to work out first thing, I got up.

Hunting Down Our Best Selves

I enjoy working out with Coach JonathanRoche.  He has this unique style of speaking motivationally during exercise.  He frequently talks about hunting down our best selves. 
 
In his workout community, we receive a motivational challenge each week on Tuesdays.  Today, Flo Bradley asked an interesting question.  “What may happen if I don’t commit to continuously hunting down the best version of myself?”

The past couple of weeks, we’ve talked about mission statements for both you and your business.  Today, I want to look at the things supporting your ability to live out your mission.

Who do you want to be?  How do you want to show up in this moment?  Is your lifestyle supporting that desire?

Critical Musts
 
Yes, to be effective, pursuing a freelance business means sacrificing time for other things.  Yet some things are too critical to your balance to miss:
  • Prayer and meditation
  • Healthy cooking and eating
  • Exercise and motion breaks
  • Appropriate sleep
  • Healthy, supportive relationships
  • Ongoing education
All of these are crucial to consistently bringing your best to moments that count.  Skipping one or more leaves your system unbalanced, reducing dynamic awareness to dull exhaustion and eventually burnout.

Choose Your Impact

Flo Bradley followed up by asking another powerful question. “Who else suffers if I let myself go?”

What is the impact when:
  • Your client doesn’t receive your best? 
  • Your church or community member didn’t receive encouragement?
  • Your family didn’t get nourished well? 
  • You bailed on commitments?
  • God was trying to show you an opportunity? 
The Life of Your Business Isn't Just About Your Business

The life of your business isn’t just dependent on your ability to pay attention to important details in your company.  It requires diligent care of your own physical, emotional, and spiritual health.  How well you take care of yourself directly impacts your ability to live out your mission.

I do not have an affiliate relationship with anyone right now.  I included links in case you were interested in learning more from any of these people who have impacted my life.

Weekly Challenge

Last week, I wanted to get an old project touched up and out.  I’m in the process of getting it out.  Then I have three projects all vying for my attention.  One is my certification, one is doing the homework to be ready for a workshop I’m attending next month, and one is doing another certification program in my niche.  

This week I’ll focus on the homework.  I want to make sure I have plenty of time to address and adjust before the workshop.

What sort of weekly challenges would be helpful for you?  I find accountability makes me stay on top of things much better.   It’s a powerful tool.  If you’d like to try it, feel free to post here.  I hope for this community to grow and develop accountability connections. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment